Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Reflection

Immediate adjustments I will make to my instructional practice regarding technology integration as a result of my learning on this class would be to always consider the different learning styles of all students.  The best approach to take is to address a variety of learning styles with a teaching plan. Also i would encourage students to understand their preferred leaning style. With me encouraging students to understand their learning styles, by the time students reach the college level they would have figured out the best and most productive way to study to retain information. With my knowledge gained in this class I will also make students aware of the various learning styles and encourage them to consider their preferred style as they complete their studies.

The first technology tool I will use with instruction in my classroom would be eThemes.  eThemes is a content-rich, kid-safe online resources that enhance teaching. eThemes provides free, fast access to over 2,500 collections of websites. eThemes researches and creates resources for the student, eThemes saves the student time  unlike wading through millions of hits on Google, trying to find a few websites that meet the student needs.  eThemes does the searching for the student by giving them more time to improve their objective and actually learn. 

The second technology tool I will use with instruction in my classroom will be WebQuest. WebQuest will be a toll specifically for me as a teacher to use.  WebQuest is an inquiry-oriented lesson format in which most or all the information that learners work with comes from the web. I see WebQuests as a way to make good use of the internet while engaging my students in the kinds of thinking that the 21st century requires.

My repertoire has expanded in one of many specific ways. One way that stands out beyond other ways is I have many different instruction strategies that I can use to address different learning styles. With these strategies I can make my instruction more effective because it specifically addresses the specific student learning styles. 

Lastly, long term goals I would incorporate in my instruction would be ALWAYS  consider the different learning styles in my instruction and always make sure the technology tool I incorporate keeps all my students engaged in learning.  One way that I will achieve these goals above would be to always monitor my data. I feel if I monitor my data correctly I will be able to see which students are gaining knowledge and which students are not. With this knowledge I will be able to make the needed adjustments for student achievement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment